Today I was ecstatic the weather cooled down!!
I enjoyed some time creating a few fun pics while the breeze came in.
It's been terribly hot and humid the past couple months. Yesterday it even smelt like sulfer it was so humid. So of course when it cooled down I was overjoyed!!
I have been especially thankful the last couple of months despite my circumstances, which have been tough to take. Somehow God has given me a peace that surpasses all understanding, -one I have not experienced in my walk of faith for some time. Of course the first couple of weeks didn't start out that way. I cried like a baby to be going through the "same" financial hardships and vehicle set backs that have plagued my life for nearly eleven years in my "Singlermotherness," (I thought I had paid my dues and I should be beyond them at this stage in my life)...it can be very inconvenient living in such a fast pace environment, with three kids and such busy schedules to be without one's car. I have been on a time-out so to speak from my car, forced to walk and bus everywhere, taking rides when they are offered for myself or kids, -and yet God has shown me even the beauty in that.
By opening up the hearts of friends, family and even some of my faithful Customers from the Cafe' I work for, who have offered rides, carpooling, grocery's or clothes for my girls, school supplies when the girls first went back to school, and funds that showed up in the mail -sent from Anonymus. It has been a treat to have my eyes open to the beauty of our City as we walk from place to place. I was just telling my girls as we walked to Cold Stone last night..."Don't you feel so close to our City, -like it's family?" and my youngest daughter Bella said, "Do you mean connected, because we walk everywhere and see everything?" "Yes, I replied. But it's like I know every stretch of land, and tree, and squirrel on a more personal level because I walk to school and all the local stores, and it's just become a part of me."
I have taken notice of certain plants and trees that have become my favorite sites to see on my way to and from Citrus College. There are some very unique Pine trees I sometimes have to just stop and gaze at for a few minutes because they are so magical. What first seemed like a distance has become a short walk from home, because I have learned to be patient and take in all of the beauty my City has to offer. From the subtle breeze, to the landscape, and skyline, -even the crickets that hop along my path in the night. The traffic that moves at a steady pace and the pedestrians who walk to and fro, the homeless who ride their bikes all over town carrying their recyclables in plastic bags, have all become part of my canvas scenery. I have always enjoyed nightly jogs through my city, and hikes up The Garcia Trail but even more so now that I have gotten to know Glendora -the City I have lived in most of my life, in a more intimate way, -it has truly become my home.
"I now see things with Patient Eyes and a Patient Heart."



0 comments:
Post a Comment