![]() |
| Me in Tecate, Mexico; Missions trip 2006 |
I just wanted to take the time to thank those of you who have found me and continue to read my Blog. I am fairly new at this but have a deep love for writing. Although I am sure for those of you who are high on grammar perfection, it's not always easy to read without an imaginary red pen -well, I still have a ways to go but fear not!! I am pursuing English/Creative Writing and Literature as Majors, so I know one day I to will look back at some of these Blogs and say, "Oh my gosh, why did I write this or that!"
Nonetheless, I will continue to Blog and pray that my words can be encouraging and uplifting to those of you who continue to read and check back in for updates. Today as I cheered to myself that someone from Canada (whoa Robin Scherbatsky-HIMYM!!) actually viewed my blog I had this sense of Irony in me. I realized that my words are reaching place's I have longed to Travel to but haven't had the finances to. First let me share those of you who are viewing it: Canada, the UK, Germany, South Korea, China, The Philippines, and various parts of the US. I don't know how you found me and why you continue to read, perhaps you google searched words like, Single, Single Mother, Alone, or Candles -and there's my Blogger name DalyrimpleDecemeber (Dalyrimple from one of my favorite F.Scott Fitzgerald essay's and December for my birth month) maybe you googled one of those words...or for you Bloggers you may have stumbled onto my Blog and liked the lovely pictures of "Cool Hand Luke," (I adore Paul Newman) in "The 50 Egg Challenge or "Amelie" my favorite French film, on my Blog "Go it alone." However you found me, I am most grateful and would love to hear back from you. Post a comment or follow me...and share it with friends who might need to hear that they are not alone in this world of single-parenting, or feeling alone, or in financial hardships. Life is so varying we cannot know what to expect of it.
I do own a passport but it remains unstamped. I had bought it one year when I had planned on traveling to Scotland with a group from my Church. They went yearly to perform for The Fringe Festival. I was so excited and took 2weeks off of work. Scotland is the Country my heart longs to go to...I often dream of it and write about it. I guess I first fell in love with the idea of Scotland when I watched Braveheart back in 1995. I loved the movie so much I named my two daughters after the heroine characters. Murron, Williams wife and Queen Isabelle, his secret lover, (I spell Murron, Marren, and Isabelle, Isabella but we call her Bella, not because of Twilight although Bella is very happy she had the name first and adores the Twilight films. I even gave Isabella the middle name Rain because I adore the rain and in Scotland it often rains, I know I don't have to live in it on a daily basis but I guess I wouldn't mind to). Well, as my life would have it, I wasn't able to raise enough money to purchase my flight to Scotland so I spent those two weeks home -since I already had the vacation time. I sat there and cried most days as I saw my friends facebook pictures being posted regularly -the beautiful magical land of green, it's city of Edinburg, Castles, and great landscapes of green hills and trees...:( I was so sad and yet being so close to going -then having it taken away was devastating. I had saved some of my own money and raised donations, and sold some of my artwork...but it just wasn't enough to take me to Scotland. I used some of those days I was home to work on my book while I lived vicariously through my friends pictures and stories. Needless to say, I felt like I wasn't good enough for God to send me...I am being totally honest. I went over a hundred reasons in my mind why he didn't allow me to go...it made me feel very insecure and like a failure. I guess I won't know exactly why my other friends where able to raise the money simply on donors yet I could not until heaven because only God knows why he felt it wasn't my time.
I kept thinking about Paul the Apostle who longed to go to Rome to preach the gospel and the Holy Spirit forbid him to go over and over again...it wasn't until he was in chains that he was sent to Rome as a Prisoner not as a free man, and he did indeed share the gospel as he hoped but it wasn't in his way or his timing, (no I don't want to go in chains;) I will say, it is a deep yearning to go outside of my Country and see different landscapes, oceans, Architecture, and meet new people to hear their stories and laugh with them or cry with them play music and do art with them....and when close friends and family get to go on a regular basis by means they don't even have or hear my customers at work tell me "Yah, I'm going to England, Canada, Russia, Germany... this week for work....I really feel like God has had me on time out because I know that he could make it happen if he wanted. But I must trust him that for whatever reason it's not my time. And when I say I am truly grateful and excited that people of places I have longed to travel to, have welcomed me into their home or office via Blog!! I am Ecstatic!!! Honestly and Truly I am!!! Though I am not there in body I am there in word:))
| Galup, NM 2010 My younger sister Stephanie and her fam moved to Albuquerque, NM almost 3yrs ago now. We stopped at a gas station in Galop here on our journey to go visit her for the New Year. |
Thank you!!!
Melissa aka Dalyrimple December

0 comments:
Post a Comment