I know I have not perfected my writing skills nor have I found my true style yet, but I am currently taking classes at a Community College with the hopes of sharpening my skill and finding my voice. I will say, my top two writing mentor's are F. Scott Fitzgerald and George MacDonald both deceased, C.S Lewis would follow in third. I've been critiqued by a few people and it hasn't been great feedback...(these are people who have more life experience because they are older and wiser, and practiced in their field, I guess) but I will stay true to my inner writer and stay vulnerable because I believe that that is where the true healing lies...when we are unafraid to share our struggles and remove the mask's, allowing the walls around our hearts to come down no matter the cost.
I will continue to scribble away and fumble at times as I work through this thing called Blogging, and stay optimistic about my dream of becoming a Writer...even if that means failing at it in the eyes of critics. I will take their notes and apply them but I won't compromise who I am nor stop talking about my love for Christ and what God has done in my life. My writing will find it's audience and there it will stay.
yours
M
0 comments:
Post a Comment